This is the second in a series of 10 guest posts that will show you how to successfully apply the Law of Attraction.
By Heather Mathews
Author of Manifestation Miracle
My name is Heather Matthews, and I am a transformational speaker, life coach, and an expert on energy flow.
I spent years of my life chasing the carrot of more money and more time all because I believed that if I just worked hard enough, I’d eventually get there…
Yet all I needed was one simple secret technique that turned everything around for me… the secret that allowed me to get more, while doing less – the secret behind “The Secret”.
Plain and simple and as crazy as it sounds, the only way to quit struggling and instead start feeding endless cash and abundance into your life like an ATM machine on hyper-speed… is by giving up on hard work and forcing the Universe to give you everything you’ve ever wished for.
So, how do you do that?
It’s surprisingly easy to get started. You just need to follow these 10 Super Simple Steps to Attract Everything You’ve Ever Wanted:
Step #2: Be generous
Generosity leads to abundance. This can be a challenge for some people if they feel like there isn’t enough to go around. Generosity is a gift we can give to the world every day.
Learning to be generous even while you are experiencing lack can be a hard lesson but the rewards of generosity can be lift changing. If you take the initiative to SHARE whatever you can without asking anything in return, you’ll generate the kind of energy that attracts prosperity for everyone – including yourself.
Consider these 5 principles of generosity:
- Tithing – Giving 10% of your income is the first principle of wealth. The bible teaches it and history’s greatest leaders have practiced it faithfully. Giving to your place of worship is the first thing you must learn to do regularly.
- A bigger perspective – We must learn to take our eyes off ourselves and find a need. There are people all around you that have greater needs than you do. Don’t believe me? Spend some time at a local food bank or a pediatric oncology ward. Find people that you can help and be creative in the ways that you can help them.
- Serve others – Jesus tells his disciples in Mark 9:35 “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.” Learning to be a servant to others strengthens your generosity muscle. Find ways that you can serve in your community, in your church, and any place where you spend time or see a need.
- Help the hurting – Many people go through their days experiencing grief, loneliness, and pain. Small gestures of compassion could change their lives. You have the power to make a difference in their lives with your generosity. What do you have that cost you nothing that becomes priceless once you give it away? Your smile!
- What you give, you receive – What is it you need in your life? Whatever you give to others is how you will be repaid. Are you generous with your time? People will be quick to reciprocate you with time. Are you generous with your possessions? You will always have access to the tools you may need. Would you like to receive more money? Be generous with what you have.
Again, this is the Law of Attraction at work.
Challenge to you: Try offering your time, talents and treasure to those who need it – you’ll soon invite greater blessings without even trying.